Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day#9~Taking Risks

Today was an exciting day in the Born house hold ... HOCKEY! Brad and I both know nothing about hockey... we did all those other sports and snow let alone ice is something rare in Washington. We both can remember ice skating about 2-3 times a year at a big ice rink in Oregon. Growing up I would go to hockey games with my aunt and uncle once or twice a year to watch the Portland Winter Hawks hockey team but, I can't say I ever understood what was happening!

So long and short of it this is something new for my kiddos to try. Brendan and Lawson didn't bat an eye when it came time to getting on the ice... they just went  for it full gusto and flung themselves onto the ice. I was so proud of them... and not because they picked it up right away but, because they took a risk and tried something new. There were more reasons for them not to try than to try and yet they saw none of them!

I think that is the beauty of being a kid...so often they just try without hesitation. It's as we get older and more aware of the "reasons" we think hold us back from trying. But what if we were like our kids and we just went for things and let the "reasons" not to work themselves out rather than already deciding before we start.

Today my kids were an inspiration to me... they reminded me to be more willing to try new things or go for my dreams things I want to try. ~Thank you Brendan and Lawson for taking risks, trying new things... I am so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment