Friday, January 14, 2011

Post #4~Monday~That thing you do

Today I was reading and came upon this question...
What's the best group you've ever been in?
Wow... what a question. I have been in a lot of different "groups" and what exactly did they author of the question mean by group?
A couple of years ago I was going through a rather difficult time in my life and read this book called "You Matter More Than you Think" it's the same book I was talking about yesterday. Anyways, in the book it talks about how she started a group called the band of sisters. So I decided to do the same. I sat down and thought about people who had really inspired my in different ways, not all of these ladies were my "best" friends but, they were an inspiration to me. I asked them to bring their calendars, I have then a letter I had written and then shared my vision with them. We would each take a month and formulate a question that would not be revealed until that evening when we met and then we would all answer the question. This turned into be my favorite thing of the month as a group of strangers in some way began to bond over simple questions and sharing of the heart. I have a friend who often asks me when I am going to start that group again as I moved to Dhahran and have not started that again. Maybe it is time I do so, especially if it was my favorite group!

No comments:

Post a Comment