Friday, January 14, 2011

Entry #3~Sunday~ "The Road Less Traveled"

So I have decided to go back to one of my favorite books in the month of January and February~ You Matter More Than You Think by Dr. Leslie Parrot. I don't think I will read the book cover to cover but go back to her questions and so more of a reflection, since I have read the book many times.

Question: "the road less traveled" by Robert Frost. What does that term mean to you? Honestly, I think that depending on the day I could answer that question in a variety of ways but, here's what it means to me today.  It is a lot easier to be selfish than giving and traveling the road of kindness well, it can be a lonely road at times. Today I was faced with another question... Do I give to receive or Do I give because I enjoy giving... at first I said to myself well I enjoy it, it's what I love but, then I had to dig a little deeper. If it seems like a lonely road maybe it's because I am expecting something back. It's a hard thing to give a piece of yourself to others and expect nothing in return but, I believe that is the road less traveled... to expect nothing in return, to love others unconditionally. Well, I am going to turn right or was it left??? and get on that road even though it may be lonely... to love unconditionally without asking for anything in return. Right now I am not sure how I will monitor that maybe I will post it on my mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment